Friday, August 28, 2020

DFI 5 Collaborate

 Visible Teaching and Learning

This week's post is in short phrases. I've found it tricky this time to reflect whilst in Level 3 lockdown but 

Straightforward - can you see it or can you not? Visible to whanau, colleagues, students.

We can learn from colleagues

Don't over complicate it. 

Consider cultural capital. 

Day to day functioning of teaching visible - no surprises - equity - so students can access their learing.

Google Site is the only one link that needs to be bookmarked.

Can link to home click on ipad.

Visiblity to the teacher - Hapara dashboard.

Multi-modal

Hook them in

Use Hapara to help with focus browsing

Sell the love of learning.

Multi- modal - behavioural engagement

Multi-textural -  cognitive extend and deepen learning

 - cognitive challenge 

- lifting ceiling 

- T-shaped literacy 

- remove barriers by offering different forms of texts

Site to stand on its own

About highly effective teaching

Give choice and allow for collaboration


Google Sites

Creating own blog
Create own buttons on Google Draw
Create a new blog

T-shaped Literacy

Angela Moala MultiText Data Base

Challenge students to find texts to support text they are reading.

Multi-modal site on one of the reading themes



Blogger Tips


Use labels!




Online Toolkits


Attended an online toolkit about creating digital badges for student blogs and found it really easy to follow and I've made a digital badge for 'Blogger of the Day'.  

I've created some criteria for that and will see how my students go! LINK

1 comment:

  1. Have since changed the digital badge of Blogger of the Day to Blogger of the Week. Also have a Good Effort digital badge.

    ReplyDelete

DFI : Revision

Kia Ora katoa,  I can't believe how fast these past weeks have flown by and how much learning I have done in that time. I appreciate hav...