Saturday, August 29, 2020

DFI 6 Enabling Access

 'Limit the links' sent out to all principals before the first lockdown.


Limit the links 



Make connections  - students and teachers feel connected when online.  


RSS - Real Software Syndication

I want to add Twitter Feed to the Room 2 Blog - so that we can see blog posts in Kootuitui. I will need to find out how to do it! 




How do visible sites make learning visible?

Plan out site page

Use colour picker for visual appeal

Use only 2 fonts

VISUAL APPEAL AND SITE FUNCTIONALITY


We explored a few sites today which really helped with getting examples of what looks good and works well and what doesn't after discussing them in detail. 

Here is the feedback I got from my bubble: 

There is so many great ideas on here, I love all the interesting links you have availble for the learners.

Lots of Information here well done. Home page is quite busy - Maybe simplify it?


Great sharing of tasks and information on the site. I love the videos of you explaining the tasks for the home learning part. Do you know what kind of devices students are using at home? Some of the buttons are quite large? I wonder if you could use the space to make it less scrolling?

Then I went on to work on my class site and worked on these things and to improve the functionality of my site. 

I wish I had screen shot my site before I has made changes. 

Here is the link to my changed site: LINK

I'm still working on it though...

Got some really good tips on how to Eliminate Spam on Blogs

I went back to change the settings on my blogs. There hasn't been any spam on the Room 2 blogs to date luckily, but I will know what to do if it appears. 

Til next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

DFI : Revision

Kia Ora katoa,  I can't believe how fast these past weeks have flown by and how much learning I have done in that time. I appreciate hav...